Thursday, April 12, 2012

Project Duncan Snyder: Week 3

So for today's update, I planned on finalizing unfinished character designs and adding any more I want to focus on.  I think with the time allowed, 3 teachers and 3 students to represent them will be my main focus and I will add backup characters as necessary.

So here are Aves (Owl) and Binton (Bearcat)


A finalized version of Mr. Bearcat (professors' names still to come, I can't decide if I want them to be humorous and punny ((ha)) like the kids' names or just average names).


And here is my final student, Dilian (Crocodile).

As for the story, I have already explained some details, about how the children dress up to represent their class and each class is chosen depending on the childs' attributes at a young age.
The bearcat students are generally laid back, clever and kind. (Teaches drama, gathering and basic survival techniques)
The crocodile students are usually brave, spontaneous and persistent. (Teaches swimming, advanced survival and self defense)
And the owl students are hard working, athletic and adaptable. (Teaches english, spotting and botany)

Instead of going to this school to get an education toward getting a job in a company, they go in order to get an education on the planet. About the planet, how to survive in the wild and most importantly, how to save the Earth. All the while participating in the same types of physical activities and daily school challenges that we had to put up with.

I might also mention that there are schools like this around the world and in different parts of the Earth, different teachers attend.  For example, in the arctic there are Polar bear and seal teachers, but our kids are in a basic forest environment.  However, they will have a few foreign-exchanged students, because I'll be darned if I don't get to make an armadillo character.

No comments:

Post a Comment