Monday, January 30, 2012

D4M Update

Still torn between my 2 ideas.  Part of me wants to be creative and come up with a whole new cast and story and go all out.  While another part just wants to draw the MGMT guys because they are so much fun.  Also, I think I would be a lot more motivated to work on a project involving them, they are just my favorites ever.  But here's what I have so far.


And in case you don't know what a bearcat (binturong) looks like, kind of like this only much darker.

And here's the MGMT parts I have so far, no color yet, just sort of getting the caricatures down first.  But I can tell you this, the end result will be very colorful (use your imagination for now).

Andrew Vanwyngarden (sporting some sweet shades)

EDIT: And colored.

Ben Goldwasser

and Matt Asti (looking slightly hungover AND using an invisible chair!)

Of course this is only 3/5 of the band, I will update as I progress because this is more than likely going to be my choice.  I like them a lot.

1 comment:

  1. HEY! these are really awesome, i think the images that you had reference for (the band characters) are a lot stronger, because you had something to go off of.
    My one critique on your running girl, is her legs. There would be overlap, because right now i'm not sure which leg is foreground, and which is background.

    Just keep doodlin' girl. You have a lot of good things started here :D

    ReplyDelete